Aequo is thrilled to announce AEQUO Legal Tech Challenge 2019, the annual innovation competition in legal services. For the third year in a row, Aequo invites young lawyers and innovators to “unveil their ideas” and compete for the top prize of $15,000.
AEQUO Legal Tech Challenge pursues a number of ambitious goals: to challenge traditional views on the provision of legal services, to disrupt the legal industry through innovation and technology by creating innovation-friendly environment, to bridge the gap between talents from legal industry, IT and other spheres and to build a strong legal tech culture in Ukraine. The key objective set by the organisers of the competition is to bring the legal services in Ukraine to a completely new level, constantly increasing lawyers’ efficiency and client care excellence.
Within the framework of the competition, anyone can offer their legal tech ideas, applying on the official website by September 30, 2019. Participation is free.
20 semi-finalists will be selected and invited to join an intensive Acceleration Programme, designed to unlock the potential of every idea and boost its development, providing selected teams with:
- hands-on mentorship and workshops by experienced experts in law, finance, product development, IT, negotiations, marketing and sales;
- opportunities to connect with potential investors;
- ecosystem for peer learning and support;
- start-up testing and validation; and other technical support.
The final pitches to the jury and announcement of the winner will be held at the Grand Final in November 2019. The projects will be analysed and evaluated by a panel of judges, consisting of the leading international and Ukrainian experts in innovation, IT, technology and law, including:
- Anna Babych, Partner, AEQUO; Solicitor (England and Wales);
- Ivan Kravtsov, Senior Legal Director, Carlsberg Ukraine;
- Vladimir Mnogoletniy, CEO and co-founder, Genesis;
- Natalia Rogovaya, CIMA Adv Dip MA; Partner, Startup.Network; co-founder and CFO, SkyService POS; mentor, She Exports;
- Michael Vigovskyi, Board Member, Intecracy Ventures;
- Emanuele Volpe, Chief Innovation Officer, DTEK;
- Igor Zhadanov, CEO and co-founder, Readdle.
The winner will receive $15,000, access to the leading legal and IT professionals, opportunities to attract investment for project development and much more.
For the past two years about 200 innovative projects were submitted. “Ren it Bot” and “Court on the Palm” won the competition in 2018 and 2017 respectively.
Please visit the official website for more information and registration.